Our Registered Massage Therapists offer evening and weekend appointment times to improve the convenience for you to access care.
Our clinic also offers direct billing to most extended health coverage plans so that you are not out of pocket for the massage therapy treatments you require. Please contact us to see if your insurance company allows direct billing for Registered Massage Therapists.
Although our focus is on rehabilitation, some of our Registered Massage Therapists also offer relaxation therapy. Please contact the clinic to find out which RMT is best suited to your needs.
Specialized massage therapy that functionally rehabilitates after acute injury or chronic dysfunction.
Massage therapy uses hands-on techniques to mobilize the soft tissues and joints of the body.
Overall, the purpose of massage therapy is to prevent, develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function or relieve pain (Massage Therapy Act, 1991). Registered Massage Therapists help to relieve pain caused by stress, overuse and chronic pain syndromes.
Jon Kerr, one of the clinic’s Registered Massage Therapists, completed his training in intramuscular acupuncture. He hopes to continue on this educational path to pursue training in functional dry needling.
– A licensed RMT has completed a 2-3 year program at a recognized school of massage therapy;
– has passed an entry-to-practice examination that ensures they have the competencies necessary to safely and effectively offer massage therapy services;
– must participate in a Quality Assurance program with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, a program that assist in the maintenance of professional standards and quality care;
– is accountable to the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, through the complaints and discipline processes, in the event that the services they provide to not meet the standards of practice;
– provides a receipt that will be accepted by your extended health benefits plan for reimbursement.